Speaker: Ben Symons, Barrister, State Chambers
About this seminar: This seminar will provide a broad overview of the taxation of self-managed super funds and covers all the changes in the 2016 Federal budget including:
• Changes to concessional contribution caps;
• Changes to non-concessional caps;
• Changes to spousal contribution splitting; and
• The introduction of the transfer balance cap, and potential planning opportunities arising in relation to this.
The presentation also covers innovative ways to use an SMSF:
• For property development;
• To obtain a capital gains exemption under the small business concessions;
• How to deal with an estate dispute following the death of an SMSF trustee/member where the remaining spouse (usually the remaining spouse is also a trustee/member) of an SMSF faces a potential conflict of interest in paying the superannuation to themselves versus other parties who may have an interest in the superannuation money.
Copyright 2020 City of Sydney Law Society
Website by Highland Creative