Speaker: Ben Symons, Barrister, State Chambers
About this seminar: This seminar will provide a broad overview of the taxation of self-managed super funds and covers all the changes in the 2016 Federal budget including:
• Changes to concessional contribution caps;
• Changes to non-concessional caps;
• Changes to spousal contribution splitting; and
• The introduction of the transfer balance cap, and potential planning opportunities arising in relation to this.
The presentation also covers innovative ways to use an SMSF:
• For property development;
• To obtain a capital gains exemption under the small business concessions;
• How to deal with an estate dispute following the death of an SMSF trustee/member where the remaining spouse (usually the remaining spouse is also a trustee/member) of an SMSF faces a potential conflict of interest in paying the superannuation to themselves versus other parties who may have an interest in the superannuation money.
© 2015, City of Sydney Law Society Inc.